Do you love to make a weekend out of visiting craft breweries? Then this fall is the perfect time for you to get away to the charming town of Wabasha, Minnesota. It’s a well-known fact that Minnesotan’s know a thing or two about good beer. The state is actually home to some of the finest craft microbreweries in the country, including Minneapolis/St. Paul institutions like Surly Brewing Company, Indeed Brewing, Summit Brewing, and Dangerous Man Brewing Company.
But, if you want to get out of the city for a day or more, can you still find good beer? That answer is, undeniably, yes! There are 10 great breweries worth visiting near Wabasha alone, and it all starts right here at Turning Waters Back Alley Brewing Company. Come visit us this fall, and sample some of the finest beer outside of the big city. Book your room at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today.
10 Best Breweries near Wabasha Minnesota
This fall, there are a number of reasons to visit the Wabasha area. The Septoberfest celebration is in full swing and will continue offering plenty of fall-themed fun through October 26, 2019. But fall in Wabasha is about more than celebrating the vibrant colors and fall displays outside. It’s about enjoying those simple moments in life we all crave. Moreover, Wabasha is a surprisingly great place to get a good beer!
Within an hour of Wabasha, there are several truly wonderful breweries that are working hard to make a name for themselves in a state with some heavy-hitters in the industry. Make an afternoon of visiting a few of these, and enjoy the extraordinary fall scenery as you do. Here are 10 of our favorite nearby breweries to visit between Minneapolis/St. Paul and Winona.
- Your journey to good beer starts right here at the Turning Waters Bed and Breakfast. We own and operate Turning Waters Back Alley Brewing Company right from the backyard of our Inn. We’ve found that some of the best beer is found off the beaten path, made by those who have a passion for good brews. That’s exactly what you’ll find at our brewery.
- Enjoy great beer and scenic river views at Reads Landing Brewery.
- Red Wing Minnesota has a reputation for locally-made craft beer, and Red Wing Brewery is serving up some fine examples of exactly that.
- Make a trip to a local family-owned farm part of your trip, and visit Olvalde Farmhouse Ales to sample some of their traditionally-brewed ales.
- Spiral Brewery is located in Hastings Minnesota, which has a brewing legacy dating back to the 1800’s. There were once multiple breweries here, but now there’s just one; Spiral Brewery.
- The local community means something at Tilion Brewing Company, and though it’s a little farther away, it’s worth the effort it will take to get there. They treat beer as it was meant to be treated; as the center of the community.
- Island City Brewing Company is a great place for beer connoisseurs and novices alike.
- LTS Brewing Company in Rochester offers exceptional craft beers brewed on-site, and they have a delightful taproom in which to get your beer-tasting on.
- Also in Rochester is Little Thistle Brewing Co., a new craft brewery with plenty of promise. Their warm and inviting space is the perfect place to unwind on a crisp fall afternoon.
- It’s not exactly a brewery, but this list wouldn’t be complete without Maiden Rock Winery & Cidery. Cider is a close friend of craft beer, and this is a great place to discover flavors local to this area of Wisconsin.
If looking for unique accommodations during your trip to the Wabasha area, you don’t need to look further than the Turning Waters Bed and Breakfast. We’re the only lodging, let alone Bed and Breakfast in the area that offers an on-site brewery. Travel here with friends, make new friends, and otherwise enjoy your time relaxing in the historic town of Wabasha. This fall is the perfect time to visit! Book your room at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today.