Whether you’re coming to Wabasha for some winter adventures or just to relax, our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast is an ideal place to stay. There are plenty of reasons to visit our historic Inn in Wabasha, including fun events and activities, and we happen to think this winter is the perfect time to visit.
The Turning Waters Bed and Breakfast is located in the charming town of Wabasha, which is less than 2 hours from Minneapolis/St. Paul, about 4 hours from Milwaukee and Des Moines, and just over 5 hours from Chicago. It’s close enough to get away for the weekend, but it will feel as though you’re miles away from the hustle and bustle of the modern city. In Wabasha, you’ll find a historic town filled with charm and character. You’ll also enjoy plenty of things to do, even in these cold winter months. Come see what makes us special. Book a room at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today!
6 Reasons to Choose our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast
It really goes without saying that you should spend ample time exploring the Wabasha while visiting our Bed and Breakfast. Even if you’re just here for the outdoors, it won’t take you long to see that Wabasha is much more than it first appears. Exploring this great town is not the only reason to visit our Bed and Breakfast, though. Here are 6 more reasons to make our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast your getaway destination this winter:
- If you’re looking for somewhere cozy to stay for the holidays, you’re in luck! We serve a delicious Thanksgiving Dinner at our Inn, followed by a weekend of pure relaxation in our charming little town on the Missippi River.
- As we head into the holidays, we’re finding ourselves getting ready for one of our favorite events of the year: 100 Miles of Christmas. It’s a collection of extraordinary Christmas events in the area, and the perfect time to come enjoy the beauty and wonderment of the season. This year’s event takes place on December 7 – 8, 2019.
- We offer 5 beautifully appointed, private guest rooms for your enjoyment at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast.
- Sleep in, and let us make you a delicious, made-from-scratch, gourmet breakfast each morning of your stay. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but many of us don’t take the time to sit back and enjoy it often enough. Our 5-course breakfast is truly a work of art and brings guests back to our Inn time and time again.
- There are plenty of great attractions to explore in the Wabasha area, and our Innkeepers are your local experts. We’re happy to help you plan romantic dinners, nights out on the town, and adventures in the great outdoors. Wabasha is the perfect place to enjoy winter activities like cross country skiing, snowmobiling, skiing, ice fishing, and snowshoeing, among other things.
- We have a brewery on-site, located in the alley behind our Inn. Many of the world’s greatest beers can be found off the beaten path, and that is exactly what you’ll find at our small brewery. Come share our passion for craft beer and enjoy some unique and unforgettable flavors in our small-batch brews this winter!
Plan Now for Future Visits to Wabasha, MN
While these winter months are a great time to plan a romantic getaway to our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast, it’s also a great time to start planning ahead for future visits. Each visit to Wabasha is certainly unique, with a delightful array of things to do and see. We know one trip through this incredible area and you’ll be hooked, wanting to come back time and time again. Each time you do, our we’ll be here waiting to welcome you back into the comfortable accommodations at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast.
There’s no bad time to visit Wabasha. Winter’s are dominated by skiers (both nordic and downhill), snowmobiling, fat tire biking, and more. Despite how busy Wabasha can sometimes feel, winter is definitely a slower season in this ruggedly charming town. Come spring and summer, the possibility for adventure grows beyond snow sports, and people start hitting the hiking and biking trails, kayaking in the Mississippi River picks back up, and fishers and boaters alike take to the water in droves.
If you think Wabasha is great during the winter, just wait until summer. With only 5 guest rooms to offer, a brewery, and an unbeatable location, we certainly are busy during those peak seasons. Whether you want to celebrate special occasions with us or just come for a few restful days at our comfortable accommodations, now is a great time to plan and book those rooms for future travels. Book your rooms at our boutique hotel in beautiful Wabasha, MN today!