Vibrant Minnesota Fall Colors
Everyone loves getting outside during fall to soak up the crisp, cool days, breath the fresh air, and take in autumns fiery red, orange, and yellow hues. Wabasha, located along the Great River Road in Minnesota, is a great place to view the very best of these fall colors. Moreover, this charming, historic little town really knows how to celebrate, and throws an annual fall celebration that is not to be missed. Here are some of our favorite ways to see these breathtaking Minnesota Fall Colors in Wabasha:
- Drive along the Great River Road, starting from Wabasha and ending in Winona. In early fall, you’ll enjoy the yellows and lime-green hues of the changing maples, ash and walnut trees. Later in the fall, the vibrant red of the oaks and the yellows of the birch trees will dominate the landscapes. The drive will take a little over an hour, and there are plenty of great stops to make along the way if you want to spend more time on the road.
- Go biking in Wabasha. There are 9 different trails in the area, all of which travel through the most scenic parts of southeastern Minnesota.
- Visit the National Eagle Center where you can take one of their interpretive boat cruises on Lake Pepin and the Mississippi River. Not only will you learn about these incredible birds and their habitat, but you’ll take in some of the best views of the fall colors around.
- Get up close and personal with the Mississippi River, and take a guided kayak tour with Broken Paddle Guiding.
- Enjoy the fall bird migration along the Mississippi River. Lake Pepin is considered an Important Bird Area by the Audubon Society.
2019 Septoberfest is the Perfect Celebration of Fall
Wabasha’s Septoberfest is an unforgettable and fun tradition each fall in Minnesota, lasting for an impressive 7 weekends in September and October. 2019’s Septoberfest is slated to begin on September 6, 2019, and will go all the way through the final weekend of October, ending on October 26, 2019.
Throughout the festival, visitors to Wabasha will enjoy artistic displays of thousands of pumpkins, cornstalks, flowers, bales, and gourds, all contrasting beautifully with the Mississippi River, the vibrant trees showing off their Minnesota fall colors, and the towering bluffs of the area. It’s truly an explosion of color that you won’t soon forget. Here are a few of our favorite highlights to look forward to at this year’s Septoberfest:
- Enjoy live music with the Septoberfest Concert Series under the Heritage Bridge.
- Participate in Bikes and Brews and other fun tasting events with us at the Turning Waters Bed and Breakfast and Back Alley Brewery.
- Enjoy the spectacle of the annual Pumpkin Derby.
- Shop around at our local Farmers Market.
- Take a carriage ride along the scenic riverfront of Wabasha.
- Enjoy the festive atmosphere provided by street performers around town
- Celebrate the arts with the artisans of Wabasha.
- Enjoy the 12th annual German Parade through downtown Wabasha.
Lodging at our historic Bed and Breakfast
The Turning Waters Bed and Breakfast in Wabasha, Minnesota was built in 1902. This charmingly historic building offers 5 unique guest rooms and a variety of curated experiences, including our very own brewery, Back Alley Brewing. Our Innkeepers are very knowledgeable about the Wabasha area and are here to help you make the most of your time at our incredible Inn. Book your room and discover the undeniable charm of Wabasha in the fall today.