If you’re looking for fun things to do in Wabasha Minnesota this fall and winter, consider visiting our historic Bed and Breakfast. Wabasha Mn is a quaint, historic town located just over an hour southeast of Minneapolis/St. Paul. This charming town, nestled on the shores of the Mississippi River, offers a little something for just about everyone.
Whether you want to get out on the river for some adventure, admire our local population of bald eagles, enjoy a variety of snow sports once the white stuff starts to stick, sip on some great beer at our local breweries (including the one right here at our Bed and Breakfast), shop for hidden treasures at local boutiques, or just enjoy a quiet respite away from home, there are plenty of things to do in Wabasha Mn this fall and winter. Book your room at our historic Bed and Breakfast today!
7 Exciting Things to do in Wabasha Mn
Wabasha, one of the quaint towns that make up Minnesota’s River Bluff Country, is a beautiful and fun place to visit, no matter the time of year. It’s truly a 4-season destination, and it’s not even that far from Minneapolis/St. Paul. In fact, at only 70 miles away, Wabasha is the perfect weekend getaway for those living in the city. From the moment you arrive in Wabasha Mn, you’ll feel as though you’re a million miles away, with towering limestone bluffs on one side, and the majestic Mississippi on the other.
Let us take care of you for the weekend, so you can get out and enjoy all the fun there is to be had in this charming river town. If you need some help planning, here are 7 of our favorite things to do in Wabasha Mn this fall and winter:
- Visit the Wabasha Eagle Center. Not only will you learn more about the recovery of these incredible animals, but you’ll enjoy watching them soar over the incredibly beautiful Mississippi River.
- Browse the incredible world of Lark Toys, voted “One of the Top 10 Best Toy Stores in the World.”
- Take a walking tour through the historic downtown of Wabasha
- Grumpy Old Men fans won’t want to miss their chance to visit Slippery’s.
- Go skiing at Coffeemill Ski and Snowboard Resort.
- Go fishing! There are truly wonderful year-round opportunities to fish near Wabasha, including ice fishing during the winter months.
- Relax with friends, both old and new, over a pint of delicious beer at our very own Turning Waters Back Alley Brewing.
The Best Wabasha Mn Lodging
If looking for unique accommodations during your trip to the Wabasha area, turn to the comfortable accommodations at Turning Waters Bed and Breakfast. We offer 5 tastefully designed guest rooms for you to choose from, each designed with nothing but your comfort in mind. We’re also well known for our sensational 5-course breakfasts, made-from-scratch each morning of your stay. Our breakfasts feature a rotating menu of savory dishes and mouth-watering pastries, each using secret family recipes and the freshest ingredients available to us. You will definitely start your day off on a satisfied, full stomach.
Moreover, we’re the only lodging, let alone Bed and Breakfast in the area, that offers an on-site brewery. Guests of legal drinking age enjoy a complimentary beer or wine each night of their stay. Our beautiful Bed & Breakfast, built long ago in 1902, holds over a century of character, memories, and stories. We hope to add your story, too. Travel here with friends, make new friends, and otherwise enjoy your time relaxing in the historic town of Wabasha. This winter is the perfect time to visit! Book your room at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today.